In this image:
Commemoration of the Day of the Dead (All Souls' Day) in Mexico (Posada, 1910).
The World History Center at the University of Pittsburgh emphasizes research, teaching, and international collaboration on the global past, with attention to policies for the global future. The center, led by Interim Director Diego Holstein, is located in the Department of History and is affiliated with the Global Studies Center and the University Center for International Studies.
Calendar of Events, 2015-2016
World History Seminar
Six lectures by Patrick Manning
1. Synthesis of the Human Past (September 16)
2. Language and History (September 30)
3. Africans on the World Stage: a Critique of World
Historiography (October 28)
4. Inequality (November 11)
5. African Population, 1650 to the present (February 24)
6. UNESCO and Global Organization of Knowledge (March 23)
Applications for admission due December 15, 2015